Care & Maintenance
Preventative measures are key when it comes to maintaining the beauty and integrity of your patio furniture. We recommend using very mild cleansing solutions and covering your furniture when you’re not using it.
Cleaning Instructions For Normal Stains
Remove any loose dirt. Prepare a mixture of cold to lukewarm water (do not exceed 100° F) and mild soap. Rub in mixture with a soft brush and allow the mixture to thoroughly soak into the fabric. Rinse well with water and air dry. Do not machine dry.
Cleaning Instructions For Stubborn Stains
Remove as much surface dirt as possible. Soak fabric for 1 hour in a mixture of 1-gallon cold water, 1/2 cup bleach, and 1/2 cup mild soap. Rub in mixture with a soft brush and rinse thoroughly with cold to lukewarm water and air-dry. Never use water over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not machine dry. Detergents can be used on Outdura without harm; however, it may remove some of the water and stain-resistant properties. If this is important to you, a simple spraying of a post cure fluorocarbon will restore these properties. Please follow the instructions on the package. These sprays can be obtained through a dry cleaning supply store or stores that sell marine related products.
Care and Cleaning – Stain Removal
If you have a difficult stain, from paint to lipstick, please refer to the chart below to treat it.
- Bird droppings, ketchup, cola, egg (raw), grape juice, latex paint(wet), milk, mustard, orange drink, tea, tomato juice – 2 oz. liquid detergent, 1-gallon water
- Beer, urine, vomit, watercolor – 2 oz. liquid detergent 3 oz. white vinegar, 1-gallon water
- Berry, blood (dried), chocolate – 2 oz. liquid detergent 4-8 oz. ammonia, 1-gallon water
- Wine – 2 oz. liquid detergent, 4-8 oz. ammonia, 3 oz. white vinegar, 1-gallon water
- Butter, car grease, chewing gum, nail polish, oil, shoe polish – (liquid) volatile solvent (acetone) 100%
- Crayon, lipstick, paint (latex, dried), paint (oil or lacquer) – paint remover 100%, oil or grease remover (follow mixing instructions)
- Coffee – detergent, white vinegar, volatile solvent (acetone), water
- Ink (permanent, India, ballpoint) – paint remover 100%, volatile solvent (acetone), 100%, soap, water
- Mascara paint remover – 100%, volatile solvent (acetone), 2 oz. detergent, 1-gallon water
- Iron rust oxalic or citrus acids, water Mildew – 1 cup bleach, 2 oz. liquid detergent, 1-gallon water
- Shoe polish (wax), wax (candle) – volatile solvent,(acetone), 100%, apply heated iron over a towel
- Suntan lotion pine oil – detergent, water (follow mixing instructions)
- Tree sap turpentine 100%, – 2 oz. liquid detergent, 1-gallon water
- Charcoal, pencil marks – vacuum, then 2 oz. liquid detergent, 1-gallon water
Use only mild detergent and water to clean. Rinse and dry thoroughly. If excessive water accumulates on the cushions, stand upright with zipper side down and let dry. To extend the longevity of the furniture, it is recommended to store it in a cool and dry place, protect with furniture covers to keep dust off. Use mild detergent and water to clean Rinse with water Dry thoroughly Protect with furniture covers.
- Use mild detergent and water to clean
- Rinse with water
- Dry thoroughly
- Protect with furniture covers
Use only mild soap and water solution, rinse and dry thoroughly. Every 6 months treat with the product 303 Protectant. This will renew frames and protect with a UV inhibitor.
- Wash with mild soap and water solution
- Rinse and dry thoroughly
- Apply 303 product to protect finish
- Clean every few months to maintain
Stone and Tile will last if properly maintained. Clean the table top with a soft clean cloth or sponge. Use warm water and mild dish soap. Rinse with clean water to remove any soap residue. Dry thoroughly and then seal the table top once every 4-6 months will help prevent or reduce any damage that may be caused by the harsh outdoor elements the top is being exposed to. Sealer will penetrate the stone to provide protection from absorption of moisture and stains.
- Clean the table top with a soft clean cloth or sponge
- Rinse thoroughly
- Allow to dry completely
- Apply sealer
The faux stone tabletop is a man-made composite lightweight stone. It is virtually maintenance free; simply clean it with water and mild detergent. Red wine or juice should be wiped away at once to prevent permanent staining. Never use harsh cleaners; avoid putting hot items, such as pots and pans directly onto the table surface.
- Clean with mild soap and water
- Red wine and juice should be wiped away immediately
- Never use harsh cleaners
- Avoid putting hot items on surface
Normal dirt and stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and warm water. Simply brush off any loose dirt. It is not necessary to remove the fabric from the umbrella. Rinse thoroughly to remove any excess soap. If using a liquid detergent, it may be necessary to re-apply a water repellent treatment, such as 303 Hi Tech Fabric Guard or similar product. Do not subject to excessive heat when washing or cleaning the fabric, as the fabric will shrink. Do not steam press or machine dry in any gas or electric dryers. Allow fabric to air dry.
- Clean with mild soap and water
- Brush off loose dirt
- Rinse thoroughly
- If using detergent, re-apply water repellent treatment with 303 Fabric Guard
- Do not use excessive heat while washing or cleaning, fabric will shrink
- Allow to air dry
Worry-free wood is virtually maintenance free due to the fact that it has exceptional resistance to fading, moisture, insects, splintering and other common outcomes from environmental stress that one observes with treated lumber or wood fiber composite products. It just needs occasional washing with soap and water to remove dirt and debris if desired. Do not leave empty glasses on worry-free wood surface under direct sunlight as this may cause sun damage to the surface.
- Wash with mild soap and water
- Do not leave empty glasses on surface in direct sunlight, this may cause damage
Eucalyptus hardwood furniture is unique with its beautiful wood grain accent and color. It performs very similar to teak wood.
To maintain original-like look, use a soft bristle brush or sponge to wash the furniture with a mild detergent. Do not use bleach, pressure washers or use an abrasive brass brush as it may cause damage and discoloration. We recommend semi-annual application of Semco Teak Sealer (SEM-10324), which is readily available from multiple online sources. Follow product instructions for best results.
Commercial teak sealer or cleaner can also be used to restore the beauty and moisture of the wood. Follow product instructions for best results.
- Use a soft bristle brush or sponge to wash eucalyptus
- Wash with mild detergent
- Do not use bleach
- Apply teak sealer